Students of the Polytechnic Colleges are entitled to receive the following Scholarships through the institution as per the eligibility criteria. The scholarship amounts are disbursed to the students to their Bank Account through ECS by the departments concerned.
1) BC/MBC/DNC Scholarship
2) SC/ST Scholarship
3) Minority Scholarship
The following documents must be enclosed by the BC/MBC/DNC/SC/ST students along with Scholarship application form:
- i) Attested Photo copy of Community Certificate
- ii) Latest Income Certificate (Original)
iii) Attested Xerox copy of 10th Marks sheet
- iv) Attendance Certificate from the Institution last studied (Original)
- v) Photo Copy of First Page of Bank Pass Book along with details of
Bank Account No. / MICR No. / IFSC No.
In addition to the above, the following scholarships are also given to the students of Government Polytechnic Colleges through Directorate of Technical Education.
1) Scholarship to the children of Defence personnel.
2) Ex-servicemen Scholarship
3) Deceased Government Servants Scholarship
The scholarships other than the above will be recommended to the department concerned directly by the respective Principals of the Government Polytechnic Colleges based on the eligibility criteria of the students.
The following scholarships are also given to the students of Government Polytechnic Colleges through AICTE(NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP)
- PRAGATI SCHOLARSHIP
- SAKSHAM SCHOLARSHIP
DETAILS OF PRAGATI SCHOLARSHIP
- Those girls who are selected get a tuition fee of Rs. 30,000 or their entire tuition fee is paid, whichever is less.
- Selected girls also get a contingency amount of Rs. 2,000 every 10 months each year.
- In case tuition fee is compensated, the scholarship amount of Rs. 30,000 is given to the girls in the form of some activities like the purchase of books, equipment, laptops and software, Desktop and Vehicle. The scholarship can also be paid in the form of fees paid during competitive exams application form or examination fees for all exams related to higher education or employment.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR SAKSHAM SCHOLARSHIP
Students must be in the first year of diploma or degree program of AICTE approved college or institution. She should be admitted in the current academic year through the centralized admission process of state or central government. In a family, not more than two girls can apply for this scholarship. During the preceding financial year, students filling the application form should not have an annual income of more than 8 Lakh. In case the student applying for this scholarship is married, her parents or in-laws’ annual income would be considered, whichever is higher. Students applying for AICTE Pragati Scholarship have to apply through the AICTE portal.
Conduct of Board Examinations for Diploma
Examination Time Table, Examination Fee Details are furnished in DOTE website (www.tndte.com). Examination applications along with exam fee are submitted to Principal of the Institute in which the student is studying / studied. Flying Squads constituted by the Chairman, Board of Examinations, inspect the institutions at the time of examinations and ensure that examinations are conducted in a fair manner without any lapse. Students involved in malpractices in the examination centers are given fair chances to defend themselves during enquiry and then their examinations results / punishments are published. Answer papers are valued at valuation centers after assigning Dummy Numbers. Internal marks, Practical marks and central valuation marks are received through online portal. Board Examination Results are published in DOTE website (www.tndte.com). The Diploma Certificates and Mark Sheets will be sent from DOTE to the Polytechnic Colleges concerned after the publication of results for issuing the same to students.